When you are feeling under the weather, have a stuffy nose, sore throat and congestion in the chest, how do you know if you have the flu or a cold? Flu and cold symptoms are very similar, let’s take a closer look.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU HAVE A FLU OR A COLD?
Common COLD Symptoms
A cold can occur at any time of the year, especially during the cold and rainy seasons. A cold virus spreads through tiny air droplets that you catch when a sick person near you sneezes, coughs or blows their nose.
With a cold, you will have milder symptoms compared to the flu. You may feel terrible for a few days, but knowing what to do can usually cut short your suffering.
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Nasal congestion
- Mild fever in adults
- Fever in children
- Dark mucus and phlegm
Common FLU Symptoms
Influenza (the flu) is highly contagious and can be spread from person to person. The standard flu season runs from fall to spring of the following year.
With the flu, you most likely will, initially, have a fever that makes you feel miserable as your body fights the infection. Your body and muscles may ache or feel sore.
Flu symptoms are more severe than cold symptoms and come on quickly. Some of the symptoms of flu include:
- Sore throat
- On and off fever
- Muscle aches and soreness
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Nasal congestion
- Chest discomfort
- Fatigue and body weakness
- Some types of flu may induce vomiting and diarrhea
Whether you have the flu or a cold, you know they are not going to be pleasant. It is the reason why many people opt for the flu shot to prevent getting them. But, you risk possible negative side effects that may sometimes be worse than the flu itself.
This year, why not try to prevent it naturally instead? Mother Nature provides many natural foods that are anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-parasitic.
THE POWERFUL SYNERGY OF NATURE’S SUPERIOR ANTIBIOTICS
I put together six of the best and most powerful of Nature’s antibiotic foods to make this super health tonic that you can consume on a daily basis to strengthen your immunity and never get sick again! They work like magic, I tell you!
1. Miraculous Healing Food: Garlic
Allicin is released when it is minced or crushed. Allicin is nearly 15x as potent as penicillin, and offers the broadest spectrum of protection against pathogenic bacteria, viruses, parasites, yeast infections, and even the antibiotic-resistant MRSA. It is one of Nature’s many amazing cancer-fighting foods.
Garlic contains 33 active sulfur-containing substances that when ingested, converts to sulfenic acid – the fastest acting free radical eliminator. When it comes to flu, garlic is so powerful (yet gentle) to cut down on your sick time and prevent secondary infections.
Read: Garlic can kill 14 types of cancer.
2. Key To Fighting Antibiotic Resistance: Onion
Pathogens in bacterial and viral infections are developing resistance to antibiotic drugs. This means that the pathogens become unaffected by prescription drugs and chemicals. And, this is when natural antibiotic foods such as onions are powerful to fight bacterial and viral infections.
Onions have powerful flavonoids that contain therapeutic sulfur compounds which include anticarcinogenic properties, antiplatelet activity, antithrombotic activity and antibiotic effects.
Read: The powerful and gentle health benefits of onion.
3. Powerful Natural Antibiotic: Ginger Root
Fresh ginger root gets its pungent flavor from its unique phytonutrient, gingerol. Gingerol has many medicinal uses, including as an analgesic (pain reliever), to reduce fever, sedative, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial to treat infections.
Ginger root is often used to soothe an upset stomach or nausea. It is also used as an analgesic (pain reliever) and sedative to treat muscle pains.
Ginger is a powerful natural antibiotic as an antibacterial, antifungal and antiparasite—suitable for use to treat yeast infections, intestinal worms and to fight various microbial infections.
Read: The full health benefits of ginger root.
4. Excellent Immune Booster And Antioxidant: Horseradish
Horseradish has been proven to be very effective for destroying harmful bacteria that cause bronchitis, cough, cold, ear infection, the flu, strep throat, pneumonia and urinary tract infection.
This root is a powerful immune booster and antioxidant. It stimulates blood flow to soothe inflammation, headaches, reduce muscle pain, joint inflammation and discomfort.
For the digestive health, horseradish aids digestion by stimulating the digestive enzymes to improve appetite and digestion. Horseradish juices is an excellent drink to ease a sinus infection and for clearing up sinus passages during a congestion.
If horseradish is unavailable, you may use red or white radish, or parsnip.
Read: Eat horseradish for pain relief, sinusitis remedy and cancer prevention.
5. Activate Your Internal Defence Army: Cayenne Peppers
When you ingest cayenne pepper, it activates the white blood cells (leukocytes) to protect your body from harmful pathogens in the body.
White blood cells defend your body against bateria, viruses, fungi, parasites, allergens and cancer cells. They also scavenge dead and damaged tissues to regulate your immune system to keep you healthy.
Capsaicin in cayenne pepper facilitates better blood circulation, improves blood flow to every part of your body, and reduces formation of blood clots. It also breaks down mucus in the nasal passageways and sinuses to clear nasal congestion caused by an infection or a common cold.
If fresh cayenne pepper is unavailable, you may use other hot peppers such as habanero or Thai chilli. The hotter, the better, but if you cannot tolerate hot, then use jalapeño pepper.
Read: Cayenne pepper destroys cancer cells, rebuilds the gut and prevents heart attacks.
6. Raw, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
For this recipe, it is important to use raw, organic apple cider vinegar as it is rich in powerful life-giving minerals. Some of the important minerals are: potassium, phosphorus, organic sodium, magnesium, sulphur, iron, copper organic fluorine and silicon. It also has many trace minerals, and collectively, these help to treat any ailments in the body.
Apple cider vinegar is an excellent source of malic acid that reduces pain, boosts energy and has high antioxidant activity to neutralize damaging free radicals.
If in doubt, use only Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar with its “mother”, which contains rich proteins, enzymes, antioxidants and beneficial bacteria—all important components for a healthy body.
Read: Why you should use only raw organic apple cider vinegar.
SUPER FLU-FIGHTING HEALTH TONIC RECIPE
This super flu-fighting health tonic is so rich in antioxidants and has superior antimicrobial properties, so it doesn’t spoil. Make a bottle now, you never know when it will come handy!
This tonic is not just good for flu-fighting. It is great for any infection—even infections that are resistant to prescription antibiotics. It is a pain reliever for inflammation, muscles and joint pains, stop sinusitis, improves blood flow (great for individuals suffering from Raynaud syndrome) and purifies blood.
In short, take it for almost any condition. Take it to strengthen your immune system and prevent getting sick! Yes, it is powerful to do what it is meant to do, yet gentle on your body.
The beauty of using natural ingredients to make this tonic is that it kills the harmful microbes in your body and strengthens the beneficial microbes to fight any infection and inflammation!
More Than Flu-Fighting Abilities
This health tonic is amazing at stopping sicknesses before it becomes full-blown. Take it at the beginning of symptoms and stop the ailments before it even starts!
- Rub the tonic into sore muscles and aching joints.
- Soak a clean flannel cloth in the tonic and place it on the chest to relieve a chest congestion.
- Mix with a little honey to make a soothing, expectorant cough syrup.
- Take 1 tablespoon after a meal to aid digestion.
- Add it to your cocktail, ooh-la-la!
How To USE The Super Flu-Fighting Health Tonic
Please note, before you take this very strong health tonic:
- The taste and flavor is very strong and pungent.
- Start with 1 teaspoon a day, and gradually work up to 1 tablespoon a day for maintenance of health.
- Stay with 1 tablespoon 2x/day (morning and evening) for therapeutic use. Safe to take up to 3x/day for a more serious, chronic condition.
- Do not take on an empty stomach if you have sensitive stomach. The best time to take it is about 30-60 mins after food.
- The tonic has to be taken at full strength for effectiveness, do not dilute with other liquids.
- Safe to be taken by pregnant and nursing women.
- Not recommended for young children due to the very pungent flavor. For older children, you may add a little raw honey to reduce the pungent taste.
- You can mix this tonic with some extra virgin olive oil, and use it as a healthy salad dressing.
- This tonic does not need to be refrigerated. Store in a cool and dry place, and it can keep indefinitely.
How To MAKE The Flu-Fighting Health Tonic
Ingredients (use organic, if possible):
- 1 part fresh garlic finely chopped or crushed
- 1 part fresh onion, finely chopped
- 1 part fresh ginger root, grated
- 1 part fresh horseradish, grated
- 1 part fresh cayenne peppers (remove seeds), finely sliced or chopped
- You can chop or grate the above ingredients. An easier way is to put them all into your food processor and give it a quick spin, without liquidating the ingredients.
- Put the chopped up ingredients in a glass jar with lid. Wear food-grade gloves when preparing the cayenne peppers.
- Pour apple cider vinegar into the jar and fill it up to the neck of the bottle, ensuring that all the chopped ingredients are submerged below the vinegar.
- Close the jar tightly with the lid and shake up the ingredients.
- Keep the jar in a cool and dry place for two weeks, carefully shaking up the bottle at least once a day.
- After about 2 weeks, strain the liquid using a sieve and discard the ingredients.
- Use this tonic per dosages as explained above.
If you think this is too much work to prepare, you can buy pre-prepared fire cider apple cider vinegar tonic here.
Share with us, if you have a similar health tonic, some call it “fire cider”. Tell us your experience with them.